Submit your sketch today or post a link to it below in the comments section.
- January 2013 - Winter in Quebec City
- December 2012 - The Holidays/Les fêtes
- September 2012 - The St. Lawrence River / la fleuve St-Laurent
- August 2012: Nouvelle-France/New France
- July 2012: Defense towers on the Plaines of Abraham
----------------------------------------------------Explanation of the Monthly Sketch Themes
Because it is a lot of fun to see how different people view, represent, and describe the same subject or location. And, of course, this is just one more way to encourage group sketching.
Sketches can be drawn using any media, and from any angle. Any sketch made prior to the end of the theme month will be accepted, including sketches made 3 or 23 or even 63 years ago! So, if you know someone who used to live here, or even came and visited, and sketched in Quebec City, encourage them to send in an image. Photos of you sketching the theme subject, or of your sketch and the subject, are also encouraged.
To make a submission:
- Please submit images digitally to email@example.com before the last day of the month, or post a link in the comments section, pointing us to a "download-able" your image.
- Be sure to indicate to which theme your sketch is related.
- Scans or photographs are okay, in JPEG, TIF, GIF, PDF or PSD formats.
- A link to an image on Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, etc., is also okay, as long as we can download a high-quality image, save it, and use it in the blog post.
- If the image is poor-quality and difficult to see, we may follow-up and request a higher-quality image.
- Please include a sentence or two about your experience, what captured your attention while sketching, etc. Stories help bring these sketches to life!
- Please note: All sketches will be included in a group post the first week of the following month, and artists will be fully credited in the post. No fees will be charged, and no money or other awards will be given.